Networking Applications ::
- What is PIKT?
- What Is PIKT Not?
What Is PIKT?
What Is PIKT Not?
- An acronym: Problem Informant/Killer Tool. (PIKT rhymes with "ticket".)
- An innovative new paradigm for administering heterogeneous networked
- A systems monitor that both reports and, wherever possible, fixes
- A systems configuration and security manager.
- A cross-categorical toolkit with uses limited only by your imagination.
- An embedded scripting language and accompanying script interpreter.
- A sophisticated script and system configuration file preprocessor
for use with the Pikt scripting language or any other scripting language
of your choice.
- A cross-platform, centrally run script scheduler (like cron), customizing
installer (like rdist), command shell enhancement, and total script and
configuration file management facility.
- Distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Available now for GNU/Linux, AIX, FreeBSD, HP-UX, IRIX, OpenBSD,
Solaris, and SunOS.
- A GUI-enhanced system. This is in the works, but as an option only.
- An all-purpose programming language. Pikt is tailored to systems
administration, designed to work hand-in-hand with other languages, not to
- Available for Mac OS X and other Unix variants.. (These will come
- Available for Windows NT. (Perhaps some day.)
- The last word in systems monitors. (But maybe it's farther back in
For more information, go to firstname.lastname@example.org